Week beginning 3rd December
- Give thanks for the CVE Scotland Management Committee which meets this week.
- Give thanks for our leaders and the skills and input they give to CVE Scotland. Pray for wisdom, discernment and protection as they discuss the strategy and direction of the work to be done over the coming months.
- Thank God for everyone involved in the work of CVE in many different ways. Ask that more people will join with us in praying for and being involved in other ways to grow the work of enabling children and young people to make informed choices about their beliefs and values.
Week beginning 10th December
- A few more weeks of term to go! Pray for Christian teachers in schools as they seek to show what Christmas is really about. Pray that more of the excellent resources available such as those shown on our website, Facebook and Twitter will be used in schools more frequently and that teachers feel supported by colleagues to share the nativity story.
- Ask of God that teachers will have the strength and encouragement needed to finish the year well and for a refreshing Christmas break.
- Pray that teachers will find the time to meet with other teachers and those involved in education in their schools and churches to pray, discuss and build each other up.
Week beginning 17th December
- Thank God for our Senior Administrator Victoria Myles, who has been busy at her desk for 4 weeks now and is a most welcome addition to the team. Pray for Victoria as she puts in many hours to familiarise herself with the scope of CVE’s work and deals with a host of administrative matters.
- As CVE Scotland is about to launch its new look please pray for the rebranding’s effectiveness and transition. With much work having been done by members of the Committee together with Yellow Cherry Digital, give thanks for the people, time and work involved over the past months.
Week beginning 24th December
- We wish you all a very Happy Christmas! Pray for parents, children and families as they gather together over this week to share the love of God and serve each other. Pray for the witness of Christian members of families to stand out and for others to ask about the hope they see evident in these Christians’ lives.
- Pray that Christian parents with children in school will be equipped to get involved with their children’s school.
Week beginning 31st December
- At the turn of the year give thanks with the CVE Committee for all the lives touched through our work in 2018. As 2019 begins, seek God’s blessing on Scotland’s schools, praying for our children and young people to meet Jesus.
- There will be many challenging issues facing young people in schools this year. Pray for children and young people in Scotland to feel included, cared for and loved, and that they would be able to make good choices for themselves and those around them.
- Pray for the Better Story Project, meeting to support Christian organisations currently engaged in helping Christian young people address the challenges of contemporary culture.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer, it is a vital part of CVE's ministry as we seek to support Scotland's Schools.